Sunday, March 27, 2011

define "productive"


today was one of those days that i was supposed to get things done. it's the only day i didn't work or have class this week and i had planned to go to church, go to yoga, do my taxes, wash all my bedding, get ahead on my school work, organize my files and tackle my mountain of laundry. a spring cleaning of sorts.
instead of crossing anything off of my to-do list, i slept until 11:30 am, went to target, where i wandered aimlessly for 2 hours (i made it out spending only $24- an accomplishment in itself, i think), ate a late lunch, then went to my best friends' house for a walk and a late dinner. it's now almost 11 pm and i just threw in my first load of laundry and i'm blogging. what???
my first inclination is to say that i just wasted my only free day. a beautiful sunday with so much potential. but then i thought about last week and then i thought about everything i have to do this week and i decided this was the most productive unproductive day i could have given myself.
i slept in because i needed to, went for a walk because the sunshine was warm, and i spent an evening with my best friends because a good belly laugh makes any day a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment