Friday, March 25, 2011

just start writing

i guess i should start by introducing myself.

my name is katie and i have a zillion interests and a lot to say about everything. i am a michigan state alum that spent 2 years working in advertising only to realize that i hate advertising. i'm currently back in school with the hopes of becoming a high school english teacher. i had a hard time deciding whether or not to tell you that because my writing will not be perfect and i have no intention of using proper capitalization while i write. volleyball, horseback riding, and photography are my 3 most beloved pastimes and "success", to me, is finding a way to incorporate all of those passions into my life/career. i'm handier than most people would expect, i can't tell you the last time i was wrong (oh no she di'nt...), i can tweeze a fantastic eyebrow, i only sit in the front row at cedar point, i am in love with my cats, and i believe music is the single most powerful thing to have in common with someone.

why "penelope's daughter"? penelope was my remarkable mom. she was a spectacular artist, remarkable teacher, wonderful friend, and perfect mother. she died in 2009. i want to knock your socks off with anything and everything i might ever do that's cool or creative and i want you to recognize that i'm only capable of doing cool or creative things because i had her as a mom. she made me who i am, so if you like me or anything i have to say, you really would have loved her.

No comments:

Post a Comment